Sunday, August 2, 2009

4-H World Citizenship - 4-H Labo Camp, Kyoto artist

I have been at a Japanese 4-H Labo Camp the last few days. I climbed 2 mountains in 4 hours on the second day, the view from the top of both mountains I climbed were beautiful! I slept on a thin blanket, they called it a futon. At camp I gave away Oklahoma peanuts from the Oklahoma Peanut Commission! They loved them!

Below, I am posting more pictures of father’s artist friend’s house - all are working on the second floor of his house, in Kyoto.




One of the people working on a painting of a temple name.













This artist is working on the details of the sakura blossoms. This is the paper for the inner skidding screens/doors of a temple. This is for the summer festival time. Click on the link at the top right hand side of my blog to see sakura (cherry blossoms) in Japan.













The flower that Buda sits on, he is painting the Golden lines all by hand! :O

No comments:

Post a Comment