Sunday, July 26, 2009

4-H World Citizenship - Art, Riho's band, and dinner


My second painting while in Japan - Mother Nature, watercolor












Riho is the drummer! The concert went well!
At the "ja ja"




















In the temple kitchen five band members didn't know how to cook, so....Japanese dancing instead of cooking








And some how curry was produced. We had a sleepover and slept in one of the temple rooms.











The Rolling Stone bar, one of my host fathers favorite bands.


















Vietnamese style dinner at a the Rolling Stones bar last night.
We left at 10 till midnight. (two nights ago).

















Still at the Rolling Stones bar, woo I love eating gritty snail livers.

They are snails, but the majority of what you eat is gritty liver and poo. According to what they told me as I bit into it.





















Dad's friend makes jewelry and dream catchers. We visited
The art gallery/shop/class that she and several other artists
share. (Dream catchers make me think of Bobbie Heath and my Granddad, Bobbie made me a dream catcher when I was about 4 years old)
Also, while I'm Kyoto, I will
Get to go to a famous artists
House, because my dad is friends with him and he would like to meet me!

3 comments:

  1. I miss youu!! I just now got the site address (thanks mom) but I was reading everything and i bet it's pretty awesome there! Everything sounded good to me except the snails. There's literally nothing new here to catch you up on. Pooey Yukon. Well enjoy and keep us posted! -Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humm, not so sure about those snails. I'll have a juicy steak waiting for you when you get back.
    Have fun.

    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you decide to sell 'Mother Nature' let me know!! So glad you are having a great time and learning so much! Love ya, DanaAlexa

    ReplyDelete