Monday, July 6, 2009

4-H World Citizenship - A little about me....


I am an artist and I am fortunate that my 4-H Citizenship Project allows me to use my creativity in unique ways. For the Southwest District Youth Action Conference 2008, I painted a mural for the backdrop. I sketched a design which was used for the T-shirts and then built and painted a 12'x 8' mural. It has been displayed several locations to promote 4-H and our Oklahoma 4-H Centennial, currently it is on display at OSU. This picture was taken at the State Capitol with Senator Ron Justice in October, the display helped to promote our 4-H Centennial during 4-H month. Senator Justice and his wife were former IFYE chaperons to Sweden, when I met with him in May he shared some of his experiences and gave me tips on ways to have a great IFYE experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment